The last couple of weeks I have been taking a one night painting class. It is so much fun! It is only for 2 1/2 hours and you leave with a painting. It isn't a Monet, but it is art. (gogirlart.com to check it out) Because I am a people person and remember EVERYONE...(well, usually) I have run into people I know at the classes. On a side note, if you have lived in Memphis your entire life, you will a) know the person or b) know a relative or friend of the person you are talking too. Okay, back to the story. Did I loose you? The first class I sat down and look at the person sitting next to me and said are you _____ ______? She said "oh my gosh, yes! Who are you?" I told her she probably didn't know me but we had a mutual friend in common. I then asked her if she was the one from Memphis that was on HGTV's Designer Challenge show having her master bedroom redone. She was flabbergasted. We had not seen each other since elementary. We realized we were in the same scout troop. We had a great time chit chatting and such. Then last Thursday, I went to another class and recognized someone that I had worked with.....I was her "boss". She looked at me and clearly couldn't really place me. The woman came to a shower given to me when I was expecting Drew for goodness sake and was invited to her child's birthday.... UMPH! I asked about her son and she said that she had had another one but that was all the chit chat we were gunna do. Conversation done. No, "gosh Molly how is your family?" etc... It made me feel like I was a weird-o. So I have decided that next time, I will let the other person do the recognizing. I think I come across as a stalker and not as a nice person that just happens to have this ability to remember people.
Saturday, September 5, 2009
I have always been a people person. I love to get to know people and have been accused of being the FBI by my daughter. I can't help it. True, I AM pretty nosey, but if I am going to be spending time with someone, I just have to know them. I love to people watch too. Memphis has some super places to watch people. The Redbirds, the zoo, and of course the neighborhood Walmart, especially during the weekend! (for your entertainment, check out peopleofwalmart.com! You won't believe it)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
well...you would be the nicest stalker that someone could be stalked by!!!
you should talk to tillman! we joke that she and my husband have never met a stranger, but she seems to be in similar situations occasionally, too.
You crack me up with this story, and I believe every word of it. :)
How could you, sweet Miss Molly, ever be a stalker! Rusty is the same. How about this...being in Arizona and finding someone that is friends with a fraternity brother. Now THAT'S crazy! He can't go anywhere without findind some link to someone he knows!
Post a Comment