Sometimes you just have to laugh...
Yesterday after work, I walked in to a stifling house. No AIR CONDITIONING!
Well....this a.m. one of the guys where Billy works came to look at our a/c. The fan broke yesterday, which caused the compressor to go out, which put a strain on the freon hose and cause it to burst and lose all the freon. Shhh, please do not tell Al Gore! The guy was on the way to get the parts and a lady ran the traffic light and crashed into him and the airbags went off.
Don't leave there is more....
So I start thinking about all the appliances that we have replaced the last couple of years....frig, a new microwave. The second one, only a 1 1/2 years old, went out last week. All cordless phones bought this summer are shot and now the a/c.
Two years ago after a really bad week of lots and lots of rain our lights would flicker and pulsate. MLG&W came out ...said it was on our end......we got an electrician....he said it was a bad leg on MLG&W's end. I quit and learned to live with it. TILL TODAY. Called MLG&W told them what was going on. He was sending a guy out within an hour. Drew walks in the door and says his car completely shut off while on the interstate and he almost got hit twice. The doorbell rang and he asked who is that and I told him "Murphy" he says who? and I explained it was Murphy's law! It was the MLG&W guy. He checked the voltage and the 'neutral' was bad, (don't ask, I have no idea! Only repeating what I was told!) had to turn off the electricity (to prevent further damage... like what? maybe the ceiling fan?) and a crew would be out to repair it. Another guy came to fix the a/c....the MLG&W crew show up and replaced the bad connector. Lights back on....All before 2:30!
It reminded me of the scene in Mr. Mom where every one is coming to the house to do stuff. I told Drew that if I was watching this, it would be very funny!
But, as I was gently reminded, it is all good. Those things can all be replaced! Thank goodness! But, I do think I could use a couple of Tylenol!
Oh, and to top it off....I missed my trash pick up! ugh!


3 comments:
hysterical....sounds like something that would happen to me!!
hahaha! it totally sounds like mr.mom-i love that movie! i think you might need a little something to calm your nerves for sure . . .
Glad you're off tomorrow. You probably could use some rest. :)
Post a Comment