Thursday, September 17, 2009

Lydia wanted to go see the movie "Julie and Julia" and asked me if I wanted to go with her. Me? Do I want to go? Why sure!!! Even though I had already seen it with Billy, I never miss an opportunity to spend time with my little girl. (yes Lydia, you will ALWAYS be my little girl!) So after work she came over to eat dinner and then Billy treated us (thanks again!) to the movie.

If you know me, you know that I absolutely love, love, love the movies. I do! I love the props in the movie, the scenery, costumes, etc. While I am watching the movie my mind is churning away thinking about other stuff in the movie. Funny things happen in the movie too sometimes. Last night their were only 8 people watching this movie. Two of them being rather old. At one point, Julia is crying because her sister wrote her telling her she was expecting. Julia is upset because she couldn't. Well, little miss gray hair says rather loudly "What did she say?" and her companion said real loud "SHE SAID DOROTHY'S GOING TO HAVE A BABY" . I wanted to say really loudly THANKS FOR THE INFO! but I got tickled. Lydia got tickled too. I always do that! One time, Billy and I went with our friends to see a Mel Gibson film "Forever Young". Fuzzy on details but...He was frozen during the war, lost touch with his love, thaws and is searching for his love. By this time she is very old. He is rapidly growing old and is trying to see her. He flies a propeller plane and LANDS in her front yard. It is really loud...then, then, he knocks on the door. She opens it. Well, I got SO TICKLED. Cuz, I'm thinking Buddy,if she can't hear that plane landing smack dab in her front yard, no way can she hear a knock...she's deaf! Well Billy is asking why I am snickering. (everyone else is sniffling cuz it is so dramatic) then He starts giggling, then he tells Jim and Jim tells Pam. I should have been sent to the managers office!!!! I think comedies are best suited for me, don't you?

1 comment:

maribeth said...

ha! you are right that the events that occur in the theater are as entertaining as the movie. several years ago (pre kids) i went to see finding nemo with some friends during the day. towards the end there is a scene when nemo's dad and dori are trying to find nemo and the suspense is high (for a kids movie) and they keep running into obstacle after obstacle. you finally think they are about to make it when nemo's dad lands on a dock in front of a bunch seagulls. the theater is completely silent and in the front you hear a woman's voice say, "oh, he** no." everyone in the theater burst out laughing. there was one momma caught up in the story!