Friday, August 28, 2009

This week we started back to preschool.  It is good to be back.  But, let me tell you I am completely tuckered out!!!  Last week we were gone the whole weekend and starting Monday back at work.....I sure wish that I didn't have two parties to do on Saturday!!!   Not having to work this summer has reeeallly spoiled me!  Our class seems very sweet so far but it is soo hard to teach 17 three year olds to walk in a line to and from places.  It sometimes feels as if I am walking to Kansas!   This afternoon I came home and took a 2 hour nap!  Probably could have slept till morn.

Tonight I decided to watch the 7 minute video on YouTube of Susan Boyle. Watching that video makes my heart happy.  I cry every time.  It is so amazing seeing the transformation  of cynicism on each person face to humbleness.  Even Simon Cowell  sighed and looked completely entralled with Susan.  Why do we automatically assume that because a person may be overweight, not attractive or hip that they have no worth?  It really bothers me.  I have heard from several overweight people that strangers are not nice or friendly to them.  Why?  Do people disregard super skinny people too?  I mean, I KNOW that I could stand to lose some weight...okay more than some, but how sad would it be for me to lose it for someone to like me better.  My physical body is not me...it is my feelings, my talents and my personality.  I kinda wish that Susan Boyle did'nt have her makeover....it would remind us all how shallow we can be in judging people.......
I now understand what my Momma always said, "pretty is as pretty does."

3 comments:

maribeth said...

i am exhausted, too! as are my children! oh, how i missed preschool and being in a routine, but i really hope we get in a groove soon!

holly said...

I agree---and I'm worn out too! I may be tired, but feel so lucky to be at Hope and able to work with and learn from all of you!! Have a great weekend, Holly Hawkins

melissa said...

Hey girl...still so tickled at seeing you today. And wanted to say that I love this post. Have gotten choked up watching Susan Boyle too. Love it.

And you hit the nail on the head with what you say. I know what you're talking about ;)

Love,
Missy