Friday, September 18, 2009

A lot people do not 'do' facebook. I totally understand. However there are many benefits of being on facebook. One is the fact that you can catch up on friends and family without having to always be on the phone to do so. The other is that friends you haven't seen in , well, forever can reconnect with you! I had a friend that recently looked me up. It has been a joy to hear from her. We were friends in seventh grade people. That was a long time ago! The first time I ever ate Pringle chips was at her house for lunch. She came to my house for lunch this past Monday. (should have served some Pringles ;-o) It was such a treat to catch up with her. Then I roped her in to helping out at an event at Target House today. We rode together and when I took her home I got to meet her wonderful family. Eight children, a husband, 2 pugs...the other dogs were outside. Her home is so cozy but the best part is that her children are so sweet and so delightful. I literally could have spent the whole night there. Yeah, I could do without a lot of modern inventions of our generation but I think I will keep facebook.

2 comments:

melissa said...

YOU are a honey pie. :)

Kali said...

I only know Melissa from blogging (I live in Australia), and she really is a gem of a lady...so happy for you both in reconnecting.