Wednesday, December 10, 2008

FRUSTRATION!

Two things frustrate me. Those things are computers and electricity. I have had to deal with both today. First I was on the phone with Comcast for 1 hour to get the emails on Billy's P.C. and my laptop going again. Oh, this in the second time in a week to get it going too! Then last night my outdoor Christmas lights that are on a timer did not come on. So after much investigation in the rain, I concluded it wasn't the lights but the outlet. The outlet by the door and the three in the garage don't work. Yes, I tried that little button on the outlets in the kitchen and in the bathroom. No, there isn't one that is hidden that I missed. It isn't the fuse box. I turned the main breaker off then on then went around resetting the clocks. Not to mention the phone conversation with Kendra that was disconnected. (I forgot I was on the cordless phone) So Billy talked with several guys at work. It may be a bad breaker or a ground fault thing-a-majig. In other words, I have to figure out how to light up those Christmas lights!

Call me silly but it seems strange to me that the email was fine till a car hit the utility box in the subdivision the Wednesday before Thanksgiving causing us to have the cable interruption. Also, my house has been having 'brown outs' or surges. In other words, the lights pulsate when the washing machine runs, lights blink when refrierator turns on, bathroom lights dim when the blow dryer is used. This happened two years ago when we had the same kind of rain like yesterday. Wonder if there is a connection....no pun intended!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe granddaddy could come over and help you fix everything!