As the few people who read this know, I am a clown and a preschool teacher. So that means I am constantly surrounded by people under the age of 6. I love kids. I do! However, this weekend I began to think is it me or the kids? I had to do a breakfast with Santa on Saturday a.m. It was at a swanky country club and all I had to do was balloon animals. Now to some that sounds not to bad. Well, let me shed some light. The majority of children know that you make swords even if you don't say you do. It is pretty much a 'standard'. So all those little kiddos want one. So at this country club all the parents are much to busy with their own conversations and keeping up with the Jones that they just send the dear little ones to me. All kids with swords start 'fighting'. Balloons pop. They break in line demanding another sword, even two! They want a color that you don't have anymore. They don't believe you and start pulling out all of your balloons concluding that you were indeed right. All the while I am saying "just a minute these children don't have one". Then two little girls with sweet little bows and smock dresses start poking me with their swords and hitting me on the head! Seriously! Is this type of behavior that is taught at Hutchison or the like? I have been treated better by kids at the trailer park! So when my 2 hours are FINALLY through I head to Starbucks for a GRANDE latte. Hey, any later and I would have maybe hit a bar for a shot of something stronger!
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Oh Miss Molly! This made me laugh and smile. I can only imagine.
Post a Comment