I am always delighted, stunned and amused by what some people have in the way of outdoor decorations at Christmas. I must admit that while I am trimming the bushes, hanging wreaths and sticking gingerbread men as well as a huge plywood Santa in the ground that says "Merry Christmas from the Tilsons" I wonder how did all this outdoor decor get started? Mind you the Santa is SOOO cool...he is "vintage" ....for real! Billy's aunt painted it back in the 50's. Billy and I 'stole' it from his Mom and Dad's attic back in the EARLY 80's and I gave it a fresh coat of paint being careful to not undo any of Aunt Martha's original painting. Anyways....sorry I took a detour there! While I was out walking my dog (the cutest dog in the 'hood) I passed by a house that had wreaths in the window but in the flower bed, stuck in the ground about 2 feet apart, were 17 fake poinsettia bouquets! I don't get it....after all poinsettias are from Mexico! duh!
Monday, December 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Molly, did you dress up like a reindeer on your walk?
So funny, Molly! I wish we had some pointsettia's (spelling) here. I practically live in Mexico!!
Post a Comment