Sunday, December 21, 2008

Are you kidding?

A lot of my friends are big fans of the John and Kate + 8 and the Duggers.....
I don't watch it. It makes me kind of ...um....what's a word...tense? I don't know. Working in preschool and doing birthday parties for children is enough for me.

I heard recently that the Dugger family just had another child. Their 18th!!!! All of their names start with J. Are you kidding? The woman must be a genius. I have 3 children, 1 girl and 2 boys. I have been known to call them everything but THEIR own name. That even includes the pet names! Seriously! How does she do it? I know the older ones are assigned a younger one to look after. Wow! How lucky are they? Isn't that a dream of every teenager to be a parent to their sibling? I honestly do not know how they afford it. I know they are very devoted in their faith and feel that each child is a gift from God, but the woman is over 40! I for one know that God gave me the common sense to know that 3 was enough for me! Somedays 3 too many! ;-) At the rate she is going she may have at least 5 more before she is done! .......I secretly think she wants to be in the Guiness Book of World Records!

2 comments:

Southern Mama said...

You should have your own show. "The Day in the Life of Miss Molly" It would be an instant hit!

maribeth said...

that is hysterical! and so, so, so true! i don't understand how she doesn't just walk across the room and give birth without knowing it. 18? 18?