It has been a long time since my last post. Wow! I have been so incredibly busy! The end of school for preschool is as is always very hectic. It was only made worse by a letter from a child's mom letting me know that she was less than pleased with me. That hurt! Really, Really bad!!! In all my 20+ years of teaching preschoolers has anyone complained about me. So that took the wind out of my sail. But, I have learned that you cannot please everyone as much as you would like to think you can. I do the very best every day at my job. I love teaching preschoolers and maybe I have learned a little lesson.
Also, I have become a business owner. Yep! I am now the owner of the business that I have been working with for 10 years. Those of you who are not familiar with that, it is the clowning business. Children's birthdays and some corporate events. So that as well as taken up my time. BIG TIME!
Having to find places for balloons, puppets, helium tanks...you wouldn't believe all the stuff and get it organized. Seriously! It is hard to find a good place for 1 Minnie Mouse, 1 Care Bear and about 7 Easter Bunny heads...and these are those big, mascot type heads! My attic is way to hot for those! Thankfully the closet in Billy's office is now the home for those. Yes I did put them each into a trash bag to cover...who wants 9 pairs of eyes staring at them....ooooh....creepy!
So, last Tuesday my friend Missy came over for lunch. We always have so much fun together. It is good to have a friend from childhood. I am not going to tell you how long ago that childhood was, but it is a fer piece back! She is the mother of 8 children. 8! Oh, my, gosh, I cannot even wrap my head around that. She has done an amazing job. Her children are all so well mannered and delightful. I love visiting with them. When she came over to my house, her two youngest girls gave me gifts. I cannot tell you how much I love homemade gifts from children. They are the best. I know that while they are creating them they are thinking of that person.
Her 2nd to the youngest made the crochet squares and the change purse.
Seriously....I am impressed. I am trying to learn to crochet and am not having a great deal of luck with it! Her youngest sent me some of her straws that her Mom bought for her. So cute! I need to remember how fun it is to drink from a colored straw....ahh, the heart of children. And the sentiments on the cards!!!!!
Thirdly, (is that really a word?) the card made by one of preschoolers this year.
The red hair is my "durly hair" his Mom said....even though I don't have red hair! haha~ I LOVE that card, I love his heart. These gifts below are the best gifts ever.....ever! So, Thank you my sweet little friends for the gifts, the best ones~


2 comments:
You are *still* my sweet Molly (from way back when!). And I love you truly! :)
oh, thank you, miss molly!
you are right-they are the best gifts! i sometimes wish parents understood that before they give us a dollar tree trinket. i would much rather have something like this!
Post a Comment