Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It is officially summer. Although where we live it might as well have been summer 3 weeks ago. As much as would love to complain about the crazy humid days were are experiencing, I won't My ferns are loving it, my flowers are looking a little stressed. I am hoping that they will still be lush for a couple of more months. Last year's summer wasn't really bad for us living in the south. So, we are due. But I really did not get to enjoy my patio like I wanted too....

I am so very tired. I have been having fitful nights for about a week now. My mind just won't turn off. I have brother who is mentally retarded and married. His wife fell and broke her knee and is in transitional care. Their lease is up for their apartment and my sister and I have found another apartment that is clean, and fresh not a maintenance night mare but most important, is that it is safe. However, her sister is very opposed to them moving. (don't ask...) The stress of that has taken it's toil (or is it tole?) on me. When I wake up in the middle of the night I am hearing the last conversation that I made with whoever in my head. My back is killing me. I am sure it is stress. I must let it go. Why do I try to control things like this? I know it will work out. The Lord has had his hand on my brother every day since he suffered the brain damage due to illness at age 6. His is 17 years older than me and suffers with epilepsy (that is in control now) He has taken major drugs all of his life and in spite of it all, is quite healthy. He has a kind heart and would give anyone the shirt off his back...literally. I guess ultimately, I am a peace maker and want everyone to agree...with me ;-) Especially when it is for the betterment of someone who really needs a safer, cleaner place to live and enjoy. Emailing back and forth to 4 different people and endless conversations is not my idea of fun. The phrase "beating a horse to death"...well....I have used it...a ton! I have felt like a lobbyist trying to get a political party to agree so we can present it to congress...sort of like the movie An American President. Except it isn't romantic at all.... I am no Annette Bening either.


The American President

1 comment:

melissa said...

I wonder if you've told this sister of your SIL how frustrating this is to you? Does she know she's driving you nuts?

Sometimes I hold stuff in, not letting folks know how pressured I am, thinking they can read my mind. They never can.