Since becoming a small business owner and finding space for all the things that come with that business, I have been cleaning out and straightening out. I have even been going in the attic for about and hour a day (till the heat sets in) and going through boxes getting rid of things I thought I couldn't live without.
While cleaning out my memory box I came across a poem that was written for me when I was born. Isn't that sweet? So, since today is my birthday and I can do what I want...hehehe, I am going to share the poem written by my Mom's dear friend.
FOR MOLLY ELIZABETH REEVES
The moment I awakened
I knew this was THE DAY -
It had to be
When I'd find
A gift of beauty
For little Molly E.
So, I hurried so quickly,
Did each little duty,
Before donning my hat and driving the car
To the city
for something petty
for sweet Molly R.
At first, I went blithely -
Confident I'd see
Somewhere in the city
something pretty
for lovely Molly E.
I'd select - then - reject
"Thats not quite right," I'd cheerfully say
"In this city, there must be something
especially pretty. I know I'll find it today."
But the hours grew shorter. It was time to go.
And suddenly I knew!
Why I couldn't see
Anywhere in the city
Something very special for Little Molly E.
I couldn't give - no one can
The gifts that matter that are in God's Plan.
So this payer I send - a fervent pea
That God bess and endow thee with
A pleasant voice,
A happy smile
Loving-kindness
And
temper mild
Health
And
Wealth in thins that matter
Such as love and friends;
Then
Just a "smatter"
of tears and pain
So you'll be filled with joy
When life is pleasant again;
Love for God and all his creatures
Love of truth, understanding and sympathy.
These ten are the gifts I would choose
And pray that each one will be yours.
****that is a wonderful gift for me. What a sweet thoughtful thing to
do. I am sure my mother cherished it.


2 comments:
You're sweet, and happy birthday again! :)
Btw, your lemonade graphic is great. Love it!
how sweet! happy birthday, ms.molly!
Post a Comment