Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Birds!

During my recent Spring Break from preschool the weather was beautiful.
I opened up my den door and kitchen door so I could air out the house and let the dog run in and out. We do not have a screen door on any of these doors. I sat down and was eating lunch when something hit the blinds in the dining room. Ginger started barking and looking at me to go find out what it was. I was looking at her to find out what it was since she was man's best friend. Then I heard it...FLAPPING! AAGGHHH!!! I did what every brave women would do. I grabbed the remote control to the t.v. and ran outside to 'call' my husband. (what was he going to do? come home from work?) When I realized that I didn't have the phone. I bravely (HA!) went in the kitchen door to call. As I walked in, it flew right past me!!!! ooooohhh......shivers! But, thankfully it was outside. All that was left was the bird's calling card on the placemat. YUCK!

The next morning I did that same dumb thing. (I know, you would think that I would learn) I left the door open for Ginger to run in and out. I was sitting on the couch on the computer covered up with a blanket. Ginger comes in and sits right beside me. I look down to see what she has in her mouth and yep, you guessed it ....A BIRD! A D-E-A-D BIRD!!!!! OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!

Fast forward to Monday.....I am making some spring flower arrangements with the moss that Billy "harvested" from the trees in Dothan.
I made one in a tray on my coffee table and put a fake nest complete with fake eggs and bird. A couple of days later, Ginger has jumped up and grabbed the bird and decapitated her styrofoam head and plucked her feathers!
Good grief! Now the barn swallows will be back for their 6th year to nest under my porch. And to think I was worried when I moved to this new neighbordhood that I would never have birds in my yard again!

3 comments:

Margaret said...

I bet sweet Ginger was very proud of herself!! I would be freaking out too with a bird in the house!

maribeth said...

oh my gosh!! this is my worst nightmare! i am absolutely terrified of birds!!! ugh, molly! that is horrible!! i may not be able to sleep now! gross!

jennifer said...

lol at maribeth's comment. she totally hates birds!

we had this happen to me at my house growing up. it was CRAZY!

this post is cracking me up!