We all know that teenagers are nocturnal right? Nothing that can happen to a teenager would dare happen during the day when you can think. Last night after Billy and I had gone to sleep Drew calls. I answer. He begins talking to me about his car not starting, how he got a ride back to the house and then back to Walmart on Germantown Parkway to see if he could start it with the spare key. (all the while, I am thinking....what? spare the details ,what do you need me to do so I can get back to sleep. Oh yea, and always when he calls he says...Hey Mom this is Drew what are you doing....there outta be a law! call me crazy, but I was sleeping) Apparently, the steering wheel locked up on him and he couldn't release it. Sure, I have had that happen. You just stick your tongue out, jiggle the key, jiggle the gear shift thingy then POOF, it starts. Not so this time. So Billy had to go and get him and try his hand at it. No cigar.
Fast forward to the morning, we call AAA to come tow the car. So with a magazine and coffee I go to wait for the tow at the Walmart at 7:15. (I would have made Drew do it but his name is not on the card and I really didn't want his company if you know what I mean.) Mr. Tow Truck gets there, he gets in the car, asks for the key and of course it does nothing. He looks at me and says "this is the wrong key." I say "No". He tries again and shakes the steering wheel and the gear shift thingy and says again "You gave me the wrong key." Well, after the 3rd time of him telling me that I gave him the wrong key, I say "Well it is the key that started the car that he drove here." I so wanted to pinch his ears! I hate to sound like a woman's libber (is that the right word), but seriously had I been a man would he had questioned me three times?
Oh my dear Mr. Tow.....after looking it over by the mechanic, the key cylinder(I think that is what Billy said) is broken....so there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment