Saturday, March 7, 2009

Times Sure Do Change!

When I was 8 or 9 the thing that I couldn't wait to do was be able to drive a car and do all those wonderful girlie things like shop, put on makeup, go on dates and to get my ears pierced! That was something that I had to be 'older' to have done. Never mind that when my baby sister was in second grade and decided that she wanted to get her ears pierced so she could wear BB's in her ears like her best friend, age was not the issue. It could have a lot to do with the fact that she could throw one hum dinger of a temper tantrum! I am sure that was a battle my Mother just didn't think was a big one to fight. So Lydia was about 8 or 9 when she got her ears pierced for Valentine's day. Today I was at a party and painting faces and I overheard this conversation between 2 little 8 or 9 year old girls.
"How old are you gonna be when you get a tatoo?"
"45 how about you?" ( I am thinking, good idea!)
"18! I cannot wait. I am going to be in that tatoo parlor just" .....and then she squealed.
So there you have it.....Times do change. Unfortunately not always for the better.!

No comments: