Well Jon and Aubrey have left the big nest of living in Memphis. Jon has accepted a job as a helicopter mechanic for Fort Rucker, Alabama. They will be living in Dothan, Alabama. They always thought the move would be in Mobile but Mobile is not hiring at the present time and this job was available. Last Monday Jon and Aubrey went down and interviewed. Out of 5 applicants, Jon scored the highest on the test. He accepted the job and was told to be there for orientation in a week. What a whirl wind of a week. Thank goodness I was off for Spring Break. Aubrey was obligated Wed-Fri and packing was a frenzy of motion! Friday night the truck was loaded and a caravan of moms, dads and Aubrey's sister and brother in law left to move them in. 9 hours later we were there and unloading the truck.
What can I say. I am proud, I am excited and I am sad. I have never had any of my children live further than 2 hours away. I tried not to cry when we said our goodbyes but I couldn't help it. The tears just flowed. He knew before he hugged me that I couldn't keep it in. All those years! My quiet little boy that loved to wander off. The boy I would chase around the house to kiss that he would then wipe off and laugh. The little boy that struggled in school. The child that had to prove himself over and over to everyone. I thought at times that he would never find his way. But when he did.....he did it running. He knew in 10th grade that Aubrey was his love. How fortunate for us that she is in our family now. I love her as much as I love my own. When he worked at FedEx at night and realized that he wanted to be a mechanic he did what needed to be done.
He worked nights parked at the school behind FedEx and slept in his car after he got off and went to school at 7:00 a.m. So here we are. He is living in a super nice apartment about 1 1/2 hours away from the beach with his sweetie and their 2 pugs. He is a wonderful man. He is loyal to his family, has a wonderful sense of humor and is a strong Christian man with equally strong values. But for me I will miss them. Sunday nights will be lonely without them over here eating burgers and watching our shows. But they have to grow up and leave the big nest sometime! They will be fine, I know it! I have absolutely no doubts. I love you Jon and Aubrey!
Monday, March 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Oh, Molly. This made me cry. My mother feels the same way. It's so hard to be so far away from family. I know you're proud of him! I can't imagine being in your shoes just yet. I'm still at the "chasing around the house" stage.
Tears from me also...you are a sweet Momma. This reminds me to savor every minute with my Hudson...for he will be gone before I know it. I will say though...for Chris and I, living away was the best and the worst all rolled up in one. We learned to love and depend solely on each other, we explored and made memories on our own, we learned a lot about ourselves...we also learned just how much we loved our family. It was a blessing to go and a blessing to come back...praying for Jon and Aubrey as they make their new place "home." Love you!
Post a Comment