Saturday, January 31, 2009


Today the temperature was over 50. Wow! a heatwave! Lydia called me and said that she and Bo were taking their dogs to the dog park at Shelby Farms and why didn't I meet her there with Ginger. What a great idea! Ginger never has been to the dog park. So off we go with treats packed as reinforcements in my Vera Bradley key chain pouch, a camera and a leash.
When I walked in the gate with Ginger she was so excited to see all the dogs. Lydia said "Take her off the leash, Mom. She'll be okay." Well, I did and the dog went C-R-A-Z-Y!!!!!!! She was zooming all over the place. I kinda of panicked thinking this dog is absolutely never coming back to me, how many acres is there to this area, and the last but most important....I am in NO SHAPE to chase this dog all over Shelby Farms. Lydia jumped in and saved the day as she and Bo did SEVERAL times. Even though it was a nice day to be there. I learned a huge lesson... I will never go there with Ginger by myself.....too bad I can't bribe her by yelling "If you don't run away I will take you to Toys R Us!! hahah!

No comments: