I am always amazed how small our world is sometimes. I tell people if you were born and raised in Memphis and meet someone from Memphis after talking to them for a bit, you will have a friend or relative (or I guess enemy!) in common. Such was this tonight. I had a Silpada jewelry show at my home tonight. My friend Sonya invited her mother to come and her mother invited 2 friends. Well when they were about to go, I was talking to these women and was saying how 'clown' on the weekends. This woman turns around and looks at me and says "Oh! you did my grandson's birthday party!!! I thought that was pretty funny!
Later on Sonya asked me to share a funny clown story. I had almost forgotten about that one. I will share it with you. I had to do a birthday party for an Indian (as in the country) family. The first birthdays are always a big deal!!! I was told to go around to the backyard. When I went through the gate, I could not see around the deck. The father 'escorts' me around to where the party is and I look. There is a TON of people. I was flabbergasted and said....."Holy Cow!! how many people are here?!" I guess you can be UN- politically correct when you are wearing a green wig and painted red nose and checks!
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment