Saturday, January 3, 2009

Photgraphs!

I have begun digging thorough all the pictures of my married life....30 years worth. I am going to be putting them in photo albums. I would like to say that I would make a scrapbook, but who am I kidding? I did one for Lydia that was an overlook of her life. That thing almost did me in! First of all there were lots of pictures that I still wanted to enjoy and so that called for going to Walgreens to get prints of them. Then there is all the cute paper and those adorable stickers! It can really run into some money. So, I will just put these into albums.

I have separated the pictures into 'categories'. It is really a bit sad that the boys don't have near the pics of them as Lydia did as baby. I guess that runs true in most families. Then there are 'nature' pictures. Really, how many snow pictures do we really need? I know we rarely get snow and at the time we are thinking how beautiful the snow is, but it is bit boring.

Not only did I separate our family pictures, but all of the pictures of me and my family. Now that my parents are no longer living, I am the keeper of those pictures. I love going back and looking at those pictures! I can get lost in the memories. Then there are all these professional photographs that were taken of me. Those black and white kind with the matte finish. They are really pretty pictures. But SO many! You see there is 17 1/2 years difference in between my brother and myself. So, I guess that my parents were pretty excited about me. But, now what to do with all those pictures? I could never hang all them. It would look like a museum! I guess they too will go in the album and one day maybe a grandchild will say "Look, that is my Grandma! I want that picture. It is so vintage!" Hahah! Whew!...... That is kinda scary!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could ask Granddaddy to help you sort through pictures...