Wednesday, January 14, 2009

American Idol

Yes, it's true. I am shamefully a fan. I do love American Idol. I am not sure why exactly. Last year I got a bit bored with it. I never really have liked it since Clay Aiken was on it. (Please do not comment on that!) Maybe because it was still fresh. However each year I get sucked in. It is fun to have something new to watch in the middle of winter. I will say it is sometimes not to much fun to watch with Lydia and Billy watching at the same time. That is because they are musical. They notice if a person sings a 1/16 off of the note. To me they sound super! But here it is again and there I was sitting on the couch for 2 hours watching people I don't know or have never met audition. I even get a bit choked up for them. I feel so sad for those people who are wondering around in their own world that can't even carry their tune in a bucket. They always look so sad and pitiful when Simon says "That was horrible". Like they have never heard it before! How sad that no one ever told them that they couldn't sing. It would have saved them from being totally humiliated in front of America!
Sure it hurts but someone has to do it. Make that NEED to do it!

I can relate.....my own sweet Mother who thought I was just the best thing since sliced bread told me to not tryout for cheerleader in high school. She said I wasn't coordinated enough. Ouch! that hurt. Did I listen? No, being a normal teenager, I thought I knew more than her. So I did, I tried out, I flipped off of a mini trampoline and landed right on my rear end.......Momma always knows best! I know that no one in my family is too surprised about the revelation of me not being coordinated..HAHA!

1 comment:

Margaret said...

we watch it too and sometimes will let Claire watch too! She likes to be a judge and say who she thinks will get a "golden ticket". It is addictive!