As I mentioned earlier, my sister and I had to move my brother into a group home and find a place for lots of his things as he only has a bedroom. One of the things that came home with me were these colored glass items. My mother had these as well as others on the middle part of the window in our kitchen above the shutters that were on the bottom half of the windows. Some red, green, and gold little glasses, little creamers and small plates all lined up. I remember how pretty it would look with the sun shining on them during the day and at night how they would look on the outside with the interior lights shining. They always rattled too during a thunderstorm. I wonder why they never fell??? Anyways these were the only ones that my brother had. I wonder where the rest are? Too bad I don't have a window in my kitchen where these could sit. Our blinds would get in the way. Well, now they have a new home... I treasure them.
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Memories...
As I mentioned earlier, my sister and I had to move my brother into a group home and find a place for lots of his things as he only has a bedroom. One of the things that came home with me were these colored glass items. My mother had these as well as others on the middle part of the window in our kitchen above the shutters that were on the bottom half of the windows. Some red, green, and gold little glasses, little creamers and small plates all lined up. I remember how pretty it would look with the sun shining on them during the day and at night how they would look on the outside with the interior lights shining. They always rattled too during a thunderstorm. I wonder why they never fell??? Anyways these were the only ones that my brother had. I wonder where the rest are? Too bad I don't have a window in my kitchen where these could sit. Our blinds would get in the way. Well, now they have a new home... I treasure them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
That's a sweet memory. :) And the colors look like they'd be pretty with your things...such rich colors.
Post a Comment