Yesterday I went to see my daughter in law's Mom who had by-pass surgery last week. I hadn't been able to go any earlier with preschool, parties and my own brother being taken by ambulance for fear of him suffering a heart attack. Thankfully, he had not. So, I decided to stop at my favorite market called "The Fresh Market". Lydia was talking to me on my cell phone. I saw a Paper White bulb kit. You know the kind that has the pot with it and isn't in a box but has a cardboard like collar around it to keep it together? Well, I thought that would be a great thing to enjoy while recuperating at home. So I picked it up. Well the cardboard thingy came unglued on the bottom and of course the saucer drop...and broke. So I picked up the pieces and this woman, who was shopping (who was also older...much older) said in a irritated voice..."there's another piece." and I said "thank you." Then...then...she says.....Grrr...."You know, if you would get off that phone and concentrate on what you are doing, maybe that wouldn't have happened."SERIOUSLY!???!!!! Well! Yeah, like I would have know the thingy was not glued properly? Besides, I don't think I asked her opinion either and I nicely but firmly said "being on the phone had nothing to do with it coming unglued!" Gee whiz, some people think that just because they have gray hair that they are entitled to share their wisdom with people that could careless what their opinion is!
Gee! Thanks for listening. I feel better now :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment