Last week we went to visit Jon and Aubrey in L.A. Oh, not that L.A.! Lower Alabama, y'all! It was wonderful to see the kids again. Aubrey cooked some delicious dinners for us too! That in itself is a treat! One of days we went to the BBQ shack to bring back lunch. While there, they were selling a local cookbook. I am such a sucker for cookbooks. Very interesting reading. There was a recipe for roasted opossum! I am NOT kidding! However, I don't think my local Kroger has any fresh opossum to buy. But, I could try to trap the one that visits my backyard during the night. Nah, why bother. Right? It would probably taste like chicken like all the weird food people eat so I will just cook chicken! Below is a picture of a rose bush that I brought back. It is so pretty. I love to bring back souvenirs of places I visit for my garden. Makes me feel like it isn't a waste of money. ya know?
Every spring I buy my hanging ferns from Kroger for my back porch. Every year I have a nest in the middle of one of them....sweetness!
I guess the birdies love my house too!
Here is reward of my back going out last December. Was it worth it? Weeelll, I am not sure, but it sure is pretty isn't it? When we arrived home, all the tulips were up and in full bloom. What a nice homecoming present. Oh! remember the previous blog about our youngest being so neat? Well he couldn't go to Dothan with us and stayed home. The house was perfect when we arrived home! He kept it clean! THAT was such a nice present!


No comments:
Post a Comment