Monday, March 1, 2010

You see this handsome young man? This is my youngest. The only one left at our home. Lately I have really felt the pangs of "empty nest" Why? Well the above person is being totally responsible and mature lately. I feel less needed by him. He is determined to do everything for himself. (which is exactly what he should be doing and I am okay with it!) It is hard to describe all the little things that make you take notice and then it hits you. He is turning the corner and being an adult and a wonderful young man to boot! One of those ways is for the past week when he leaves the house his room is clean! I mean really, really clean. Bed made. Pillow shams placed correctly on the bed! Clothes off the floor. Most of time dirty dishes back in the kitchen. I asked him the other day what was up with him cleaning his room and he answered "it's annoying when it's not." Huh? This is out of the same mouth that a couple of years ago told me he didn't like for me to clean his room cause he liked it messy?! Oh well.....if someone has invaded his body I will keep the new, improved one! It's really nice!

2 comments:

melissa said...

Your praise is sweet to read. :) And he's a great son, I know from all you've said.

Anonymous said...

this cannot be Andrew! i am NOT that old! where did the facial hair come from????