Saturday my daughter Lydia called and asked me if I would help her make some invitations for a couples shower that she was going to host. SURE!!!
Any excuse to #1...be with Lydia and #2....make a craft was a hands down yes, when do we start! We met at Archiver's. It is store is that has absolutely everything that you could possibly want in the way of stickers, stamps, tools, etc for scrapbooking or making invitations. Lydia and I both feel super overwhelmed when we get in that store. It is almost like I feel as if I have 2 minutes to buy everything I want. I want to go look at this...no over here.....whoa, I never have seen this before. Understand? We, no she, finally settled on what she wanted to make. So, last night Billy and I go over to Lydia and Bo's house so we can make those invitations. Bo cooked dinner. Bo is an AMAZING cook! After dinner Lydia and I settled in to make an assemble the invitations. We chat, we discuss and critique our work, then we praise ourselves for making the cutest invitations ever and make our husbands admire them and to make a fuss over them. (just the "that's nice" won't do) But for me, it was just spending time with my daughter. I love it. The time spent with her is so wonderful. Now that she is married (thanks Bo ;-) and working full time
our together times are fewer than in those in the past. But that's okay!
It just makes it more fun when we do get together!
Monday, April 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
sounds sooo fun!
show us some pictures!
aww, that's so sweet! i hope to be like that with my girls one day, and i would like to think that is how my mom and i are. i totally understand about the husband part-why are they never as wowed as we are?? so, show us what they look like so we can "ooh and ah" for you!
Post a Comment