Thursday, February 5, 2009


I love to do crafts. Several people often say that I am creative. I don't think I am too much. Oh, I can steal an idea and rework it, but not so good on cold creative ideas. I have been inspired many times from other bloggers. Jennifer and Maribeth who teach at preschool with me (when not on maternity leave) are recent inspirations. I have always loved reading blogs just for the sheer noseyness of it, but to read about new craft ideas, well that is just JOY! They have made banners recently for different holidays. I decided that I would make one too for Drew's birthday. We have always put one of those metallic Happy Birthday banners up on the fireplace in honor of whoever's birthday we were celebrating. So, I got to work on the new and improved (I hope) B-day banner and was quite please. Thanks, friends for the inspiration for a new craft. It was fun!

2 comments:

maribeth said...

oh, ms.molly, it is too cute and you are creative! i was thinking about making a generic birthday banner, too. several of the blogs i read put out the store bought banner for each child's actual birthday. i thought it would be fun to make one we could hang year after year-or until i make another one! ha! and jennifer and i were just saying crafting is just like teaching-everyone is just taking someone else's idea and making it their own! and, we were just admiring your door at school thursday. it is precious!

jennifer said...

I LOVE it! SOOOO cute!