Monday, February 23, 2009

Conversations

Tonight Billy and I went out for dinner. We were in the car and I was talking to him about the conversation I had earlier with my friend Kendra. We were talking about how the Dugger family has Tater Tot bake for dinner. I was reminiscing about the only time I made that casserole for dinner. Drew was about 3 or 4 and I served everyone their plate with the casserole. Drew hung his head and a tear rolled down his cheek. When I asked why he was crying, he look up at me with the saddest eyes and said...."Why are we eating poo-poo for dinner?" Billy and I were laughing so hard! Well then Billy says who is this Dugger family you keep talking about. Where had he been? Under a rock? I then began to talk in DETAIL about them and how they have a show on TLC that shows their everyday life. He then sighed and looked at me and said "That is when you get a good book to read." Bet it would be a different story if it were a baseball player. Oh, just in case you are wondering, we did not eat the tater bake casserole. How could we?


2 comments:

Southern Mama said...

Too funny! One time we were having taco's for dinner along with refried beans. Mae said, "What is this stuff? Mud?!"

Needless to say, I'm the only one in the family that eats mud!

Emily said...

I have a confession to make - I ate that casserole all the time when I was pregnant!! They served it at the school I worked at, and at the time, I thought it was the best thing I had ever put in my mouth! Ugg!!