Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Little Stool that Could...


Whenever I am traveling to Dothan, I always try to make a stop at the Home Good's store in Birmingham. I LOVE Home Goods. The Memphis area will be getting one this year and I cannot wait. You can always find such nice things for your home at very reasonable prices.

When we went back in November, I spied this little stool. I grabbed it quick as a wink for fear that someone else would want it. It is painted with all the colors of my kitchen. Billy asked me what in the world was I going to do with it. At the time
I really thought that it would be more decorative than really useful. I did tell him that I could see Harper standing on it one day helping bake cookies...

However, that stool is just what I have needed. In my laundry room, I have a shelf over the washing machine and dryer. I have totes that I got from Michael's that I painted black that hides a bunch of stuff!


I use that little stool daily to grab something out of those totes. One tote houses my cookies press and cookie cutters, another one houses
stuff like extension cords, glue guns, twine etc.. The other one houses light bulbs:


Recently we had to replace the washing machine. It is one of those High Efficiency ones and is extra deep. I sometimes use it to grab a wet garment that is at the bottom of it. So, the purchase of that stool has been a very good purchase. Don't know how I have made it without that little thing! Happy that it wasn't has much as an impulse buy as it felt like at the time!




No comments: