Well, Happy New Year! There, done. Let's move on. I feel New Year's is sooo over rated. Am I the only one that doesn't feel the need to party? Maybe if it wasn't one week after Christmas. I feel like a revolving door. Seems like last week I was putting up the Christmas decor, now I have taken it down. This year, I did things differently. I usually take all the decorations down in one day. That is a big undertaking and totally messes up the house. On Wednesday, I was enjoying the house when all of the sudden I was done with the Christmas decorations and started the process. I left the tree up as well as the outdoor decor. That won't take long at all to finish.
Christmas was quite an ordeal around here. Jon, Aubrey and Harper came in town the Saturday before and stayed with us the first part of their stay. On Wednesday, Jon, Aubrey, Billy and Drew all started vomiting with the stomach flu. I panicked! I tried to run away, I took Harper to Lydia's in the afternoon so I could finish up the shopping. I cleaned like a mad woman on Friday...but to no avail. I woke up Christmas Eve vomiting. Thankfully I wasn't feeling well the day before and didn't eat much. I missed hearing Lydia sing "O Holy Night" at Christmas Eve service. I had not wrapped up the gifts and had not made it to the grocery store yet. I emailed the grocery list to Billy on Christmas Eve while he was out running errands for him to shop for me. Thankfully, Christmas morning, I was my old self. I got up and started wrapping the presents at 6 a.m. Christmas was wonderful. The best? Why, of course, Harper playing pat-a-cake with her baby doll!


1 comment:
Oh no sounds like our Christmas two years ago. No parties or family coming over here. My then 11 year old cried. Very sad and pathetic time but alas this year we were fine and able to do are normal celebrating. I broke down the take down into two days this year too with the tree the last.
Post a Comment