CHRISTMAS! I love to deck the halls of my home!! I usually have the bins pulled down before Thanksgiving ready to decorate the Friday after Thanksgiving. However this year I didn't! I didn't started till Sunday! I
was 2 days behind! For me, taking away the decorative stuff we have and
replacing with the Christmas decor makes me feel less cluttered. So it is
sort of like a moving day. My husband (who usually strikes out with decorating) plopped these presents in this metal container on our fireplace.
I liked it. So I added my felt little elf shoes to warm by the fire.
Next is the mantle for this year. I bought the ribbon this year and love it.
It has little red pom pons glued on it. I don't think I ever have bought green ribbon.... The deer are new. Billy and I went to Pier 1 over the weekend and I saw them. Their faces are so sweet. Billy said get one. I picked the one standing. I wasn't sure where he was going and when I put it on the mantle, I knew he needed his mate!
All the decking of the halls is done. I still need to put my tree up and I definitely need to get out and work in the yard some. It looks pit-i-ful!!!!
It doesn't look like I live here! I didn't get my pansies planted in the front
as I usually do. I think I will just rake the leaves out and put down some fresh mulch. That should neaten things up a bit. Hopefully today after preschool I can work on that! Sunday we are getting tons of rain with possibility of snow early in the week. Last week we got some snow on the grassy areas. I don't think I have ever seen snow in Memphis in November! We barely get any at all during January! Sure does make it
feel like Christmas!


1 comment:
Oh, your deer are just DEAR!!!!!! So sweet, and I love the elf shoes too! XO, Pinky
Post a Comment