Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Spring, transition time for weather. Our part of the country has had several run ins with Mother Nature's fury. The part of the city that I grew up in had loads of tree to topple on homes. Thankfully no one was killed. Last night another round..... Living in a newer subdivision with immature trees is a blessing this time of year.

Business is pretty busy this time of year too. Egg hunts, parties, and class reunions. Last weekend I was up at 5:30 blowing up balloons, then on to an egg hunt for 4 hours and then driving 2 hours for a party where I had done one the previous weekend. Saturday was a looooong day! At the hunt I was balloon twisting and it was freezing!!!!!!! The wind was terrible and no sun. It wasn't very fun. The positive spin is a lot of little ones didn't come. ;-p Therefore, the crowd at this very large church, was very manageable. It has been an interesting journey being in business for myself. Learning how to quote a job, dealing with sometimes goofy customers, managing time & money. Still have a hard time with quoting jobs as I really would love to give everyone a deal! Goofy people are just a part of life! I was at a party a couple of weeks ago and the customer (very wealthy) kept me waiting for payment for 30 minutes while she finished up last minute conversations, etc. Another customer gave me an expired credit card that I didn't realize till I was in the car on my way home-2 hours away! I called she said she would send a check, then she forgot and was "out of town" and was putting it in "that" day. Yep, 5 days later and still no check. So I am gunna have to call today. Not looking forward to that one. I think I need to stew about it some before I call to be irritated enough to be tough. After all, I did drive 2 hours one way. Gas, as we know it, is not cheap! This weekend is the same! I must remember that as tired as I will be, that I should be thankful for business being good. I am, truly.

My home as been some what neglected. Between preschool and clowning, my energy somedays is almost not there. Today is my 'off' day. However, our preschool got our assessment rating back and we are having a lunch to go over that score and give a co-worker a baby shower. So....not much time to do very much. My yard is begging me to plant. I have the plants but not the time. A couple of weekends a go I started cutting the monkey grass down that has taken over the entire bed. I have other things planted in it so using a spin trimmer is tricky. So I did it with a pair of scissors. Yep! However, didn't finish the job. Not only that but developed a huge blister on the top of my middle finger. My little friends at preschool have been very intrigued with my bandaids! (I prefer the plain brown ones but have resorted to Tinkerbell and Dora if I have to use the ones at
school ;-) I must get out there to finish. Yes, I do have a husband and a son that could do it. But honest, I love piddling in my garden AND I don't think that they would do it the way I want it done. I know... I have control issues on my garden!

Well sitting here typing isn't getting anything done is it? Best be off!


No comments: