I have been reading Home by Julie Andrews. Billy asked me the other day when I would ever be finished with it. It isn't that it isn't interesting, it is very. I have found that my reading skills have diminished terribly. I blame the laptop. It is too easy to be distracted. If you start to wander off, you just go to another website! I don't like labels, but it isn't anything that helps people who suffer from ADD. I am going to try to work on my pitiful reading skills. I must say that I never was a good reader at anytime in my life!
I have always admired Julie Andrew's talent. I was in love with "Mary Poppins". I wanted to be her and wanted a nanny like her myself growing up. I vividly remembering as a child there being a rain storm and taking an umbrella out in it and swearing that the wind did indeed lift me up a few inches! Silly girl....thank heavens it wasn't lightening! Who didn't love "The Sound of Music" ? It was a big deal to go to the movies. My Mom, my great aunt Auntie, my sister and I got dressed up and went to eat at the Morrison's cafeteria and then saw the movie. I loved the gazebo scene where Leezel is dancing and singing. The whole movie was fabulous to me. I never forgot my Mom crying at the end where the family is escaping from Hitler. I didn't understand it then as a child the gravity of that.
My daughter Lydia, played the role as Maria in her school's performance of "The Sound of Music". She did an outstanding job. Her voice is a natural talent much like that as Julie Andrews. So... I was very anxious to read about Julie Andrews. I know that anytime I have seen her interview on t.v. she is a very gracious and very classy woman. I am really enjoying learning about her. She had a rough childhood. Seems like anyone that becomes a celebrity does. I loved this quote from her about the hours of practicing singing, "The work can be lonely-much like that of a writer, I suspect. But the rewards, when they come, are to render one humble, to bring one to one's knees with gratitude." wow!


No comments:
Post a Comment