Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Tis the Season to be...

is it to be hurried, crazy, or jolly? Christmas seemed to come really, really quickly to me this year! Last week I decorated our house. Because of the fact that our granddaughter will be born some time in December, I felt I needed to be more intentional with the decor and not put everything out. However, anyone visiting my home may not realize it. It feels more simple. I like it.... I "shopped" among the decor I had and put out things I truly loved. It's nice.

I seem to be enjoying December this year more. I don't feel as stressed out about shopping or anything as before. This year there is more for me 'on my plate' so to speak. Whatever, I will embrace it. I so want to be 'here' and not .........'there'. I so need to work on that. I am misplaced our camera. In the house. Have no idea where I put the thing. I do that, a lot. I am doing one thing and thinking of another. It is very irritating for me. I think that is just what
we humans do. I am not sure that the world was too different when Christ was born. I saw this phrase recently on a post..."the weary world rejoices". We sing that phrase in O, Holy Night....however it really hit me. We are weary. The daily
responsibilities grind us down. Not really sure how to avoid it. But we do have the option of not saying yes to every. single. thing...... I think I will try it out.... Hopefully, I can do it!

1 comment:

melissa said...

Have had you on my mind lately (even though I feel scattered) and knowing you're all excited about that baby! :)