Monday, December 20, 2010

BUSY!

Wow! Where did December go? My! How time flies when you are having fun!!! Well, not all the time do I have fun.... :-) Last weekend I was honored with a Grandmother shower from a dear friend, Kipp. It was the preschool friends that attended. I would show you pictures, however at that time I still had not located the camera. It was so very thoughtful. I was so touched by not only the sweet gifts but just the fact that so many would sacrifice their Saturday in December to spend with me. But, if you have ever had a Kipp cupcake....well.... it isn't such a sacrifice! I received several recordable books that I can give to Harper so she can hear my voice, an adorable "H" initial necklace, a comfy monogramed blanket, personalized feeding spoons, a grandparents journal and handbook, an ornament and stationary...to write her notes from my heart on.
It was a very special day.

Looks like little Miss Harper will wait it out for her due date. She is due the
22nd of this month. This will be the first Christmas that I am away from our son. It just didn't seem practical to drive a 7 hour one way trip, the hotel costs and gas costs for Christmas knowing that when that sweet baby girl is on her way we would be driving down there for several days. Can't dwell on it cuz it will make me a bit sad to not see my son. Oh well.... it is okay!!!! I have to admit, present buying is really on the back burner. My mind is always on Harper! I have several errands to run today. Christmas is simple this year. We have been working on that for years. However, this year we really have done it. It seems so silly to worry and fuss about non essential things. My kids have never demanded or expected a huge Christmas. Lydia DOES love her stocking though! :-) This year she said why don't I just make a couples stocking for her and Bo and do that for Jon and Aubrey. That really does simplify things more!!! Those stocking stuffers can add up to some $$ quickly! Haven't made the stockings yet, so we may have to stick to the old ones for one more year....

I FINALLY found the camera!!! I was really worrying about it. What would we do when Harper is born. Billy wasn't too thrilled with me losing it either! Last night we had dinner at Lydia and Bo's and Drew said that he lost his phone in a hole in the couch where it had dropped down past the part where the cushions are. Is that making sense? Sure enough...turned the couch over, and klunk we heard it. Retrieved it through the hole that son apparently cut to get his phone.... :-( YIPPEEE !!!!
Well I am off to run some errands.....ugh!!! Not looking forward to all the traffic.
Better take lots of Christmas cds!

1 comment:

melissa said...

Exciting days for you, esp. in the next few weeks. Sorry we've not gotten together, and very sorry I never got back to you about that. Just plain living gets in the way sometimes, I guess.

With much love. :)