Monday, May 3, 2010

Oh my goodness what a weekend! Unbelievable! Let me tell you....
Friday after a very long day with 15 three year olds. (Almost the end of the year...I will make it) I went to Costco and received a call from my sister concerning my sister-in-law. My brother is mentally handicapped as well as his wife. She fell and broke her knee cap (cringe) and is having surgery on Thursday. She was back at home and can't maneuver crutches so we were trying to work out her personal needs. On the phone in Costco is difficult but thank goodness it kept me from spending money! Thankfully, my daughter saved the day for sis in law! She is amazing! She has a get it done attitude. On the way home, Drew calls he says he car won't 'go'. Gas gauge is broken (I had no idea about that one!) So, run home get the ,gas container, go to Drew, car starts ! Eureka!!! Oh, forgot to mention,
I am having Aubrey, Jon, Granddady and Aubrey's family for dinner! Rush back home, stop at Kroger and then finally...home.

Jon and Aubrey come in and Jon says "Aubrey's pregnant!" What?!! OH. MY. GOODNESS. You have never seen a happier bunch of people in your life. I cannot tell you how excited Billy and I are. December 22! Wow.....I will be burning the highway up between here and Dothan, AL.

Saturday morning arrives with a call at 8:30 a.m. from my daughter. Her house is flooding and can we come help her and Bo move things. Oh, forgot to tell you. Rain, rain like I have never seen, came pouring down during the night. I, being the weather nerd read the "special weather" statement. 4-8" of rain was forecasted with localized amounts of 10-12"...seriously! So, Billy and I rush over there. It wasn't ankle deep but the water was coming in. After talking and observing the situation we were able to get the water to move on out of the backyard to the street. One of the problems was the neighbors drain wasn't working properly and the water in their yard was 2 feet deep and was forcing the water into Lydia and Bo's yard and then the back of their house. We then had to move furniture and lots of stuff to protect and then rip the carpet up. All the while with those dang tornado sirens blaring in the background. I don't think we had and hour go by without those sirens blasting...
Billy and I then took our great nephew to see the production of Willy Wonka at the children's theatre. Lydia directed it and did an amazing job!

Sunday I cooked breakfast for Jon and Aubrey before they left for Dothan.
I 'clowned' at a country club for a krewe for the Cotton Carnival. Those
dang boll weevils are so annoying! A kid with the boll weevils thought it would be soooo funny to spray silly string in my wig. Then another one took a sand bucket and threw water all over my right side.....ugh....punk....sure did give him an evil eye! I am tired and ready for a sloooowww Monday....I hope!



2 comments:

holly said...

Great news! I laughed out loud reading that.....so excited for you! That will be one lucky baby!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.