Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Well the busy holidays have arrived. It amazes me how quickly the days fly by between Halloween and Christmas. I for one am so excited to decorate for Christmas! I have been reading several blogs and several writers are already starting little bit by little bit. I can't do that. I have to decorate all at one time.

This Thanksgiving will be different for us the year. Jon and Aubrey were unable to come home. Jon ended up working on Friday. We were all disappointed. However it is important for me to remember how much he enjoys his work and loves living in Dothan. We will miss them, but it is okay.

Tomorrow night (Wednesday) we will do our traditional outing with the Churches. We will eat pizza and go see a movie. This year it is Disney's A Christmas Carol.

I have already started my holiday reading. I started collecting Christmas themed books a couple of years ago. This year I read for the first time "A Dog Named Christmas" It is really a very sweet story. The movie version will be on t.v. Sunday night...yes it is a Hallmark production! The next book I am reading is "The Christmas Pearl"...I will let you know about that one.

Hope everyone has a safe, wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: