Sunday afternoon I put away the Halloween decor and substituted it for the Thanksgiving decor which is easy cause it's all fall y'all! Monday night Billy says to
me "why don't we just not decorate for Christmas this year" __________ silence_____ (cold stare by me) and in my head I am thinking "okay, either the guy is nutso or he is wanting to be Luther Krank from John Grisham's "Skipping Christmas" (btw, my FAV-o-RITE book!) I then held off the urge to pound him to ask him "why?" and his response is that he gets tired of it all. Well! I then informed him I didn't know why he got tired of it cause he never does the decorating for Christmas! A bit testy on my part don't ya think?
Well that being said, I DO understand what he means. Although it doesn't mean that I am going to NOT decorate. After all I have 30 years worth of Christmas decor. I hear people talk the less is more and all that. But really?! PEOPLE! My house explodes with Christmas whimsy... Billy likes things the same. However I do know that if I did not decorate for the holidays it would really, really bother him. He would be looking for the nearest funny farm for me. (I am sure he knows where it is....heehee....probably thought about it long before now!) Cuz that is just what I like to do.
So, I am posting some of the Thanksgiving decor. Now....just 22 more days till I can redecorate for Christmas!


2 comments:
blasphemy! you can't not decorate for christmas! i finished my fall crafts last night! we are counting down the days here as well. it's the most wonderful time of the year!
You are WONDERFUL. And your husband should feel hugely blessed by your talent in decorating and bringing joy into your home. A gift is what you have, and your home is a testament to that. :)
He should go to some homes I know...then he'd see the contrast! Btw, I'm president of the Molly Fan Club, in case you didn't know.
Post a Comment