The weekend I had been waiting for finally arrived! This past weekend we went to St. Louis to see Mary Poppins the Musical. We got there on Friday afternoon and headed over to the St. Louis Mills mall to get a bite to eat. After lunch we went to Nascar SpeedTrack which has something to offer for kids of all ages. Billy, Drew and I went to ride go carts and at this mall there are two. One inside and one outside. We opted for the outside one to enjoy the incredibly beautiful day. Billy tells me to get in the Home Depot car which he figured was a fast one. Well....let me tell you, this ole gal dusted everyone on the tracks by two laps! And, as I flew past them I whoo hooed them too! Drew and I then played the slot cars and I again dusted his little green Mustang by three laps! Whew, didn't know I had such a competitive streak in me! We then headed back to the hotel to get ready to go to "The Hill" for those who don't know, The Hill is an Italian community that has some of the most wonderful restaurants and bakeries. Missouri Baking Company is my favorite. Their cookies and biscotti and absolutely delicious. My favorite? The Amaretto Macaroons!!....simply heavenly!!!
The next day we went to the St. Louis zoo. And for a animal lover such as Drew this was the most amazing place. It is a huge zoo! The weather was fabulous and we couldn't ask for a better time. We then headed back to the hotel to meet up with Lydia and Bo for dinner. Bo called his buddy, Jim Edmonds. (Yes, the former Cardinal baseball player. I know! I am impressed too!) to see if he was in town. We went to his restaurant. Let me tell you, that was one amazing steak. You could choose up to 3 sauces to go with it. I chose the cracked pepper puree(yummy) and horseradish puree (okay). Then it was off to the Fox Theatre! The Fox is the most beautiful theatre and I think everyone should plan a trip to see a show there. Showtime! What can I say? Mary Poppins was truly a wonderful, wonderful show. It wasn't identical to the movie as it incorporated aspects of the books and the movie. The special effects were stunning! Yes, she pulled a plant, coat rack, mirror and floor lamp out of that amazing carpet bag! Bert danced on the sides and top of the scenery and the most amazing.....Mary Poppins flew from the stage over the audience and up to the balcony. I was dumb founded! Lydia and I both got teary eyed. Yes, we are aware that we are saps! It was very, very, magical! We then hurried out to purchase ourselves a parrot head umbrella. Yes we did! I have always, always loved that parrot head umbrella in the movie. It was a truly wonderful memory. Thank you Billy for making it happen!
The next day we headed to a super store. The Container Store! It has anything and everything a person could want or need to organize their home. I bought a few things and could have easily spent hours and loads of $$$ for all kinds of cool items. It just made my organizational heart pound so hard! I truly loooovvve that store. Billy should be glad that there isn't any of them anywhere near here!


1 comment:
I LOVE this post, I am so glad t hear about the trip! Sounds like a blast, yall are so much fun to go on trips with! : ) Miss yall!
Post a Comment