Thursday, June 9, 2011

Well we are planning a vacation with our grown children and granddaughter to the beach. sigh... While I am excited beyond measure to have a full week of time with my kids, there are a few things that stress me out. The biggest? Swimsuit. AGGHHH.... I so want to run. Seriously. Why can't we vacation in the winter and go skiing? I love the idea of piling on clothes instead of running around with less. Well I won't be running around, but you know what I mean. Yeah, the reality is that I am not proud of the fact that I have more weight on me than I need and that I have absolutely zero muscles. That with the fact that when I do put on that swimsuit, I have quite an impressive farmer's tan that will embarrass my family to no end. Yep, good times! Can't help it. When you are a preschool teacher and have an hour of playground time and wear short sleeves instead of sleeve less shirts, you get quite a great tan on your arms. Sure, I could go get a spray tan, but really I am not that concerned about it... So before anyone sends me self esteem comments, please don't! I am okay with what I am. Sure, I would LOVE to be thinner, but let's face it I haven't done one darn thing about doing that. I hate the word diet and loathe being on one more. Exercise and me haven't been best buddies in a loooong time. Not sure if I can do it anymore. So....I will paint my toenails so that maybe, just maybe that might make a positive impression of myself. I will enjoy...yes enjoy...being with the family and spending lots of time holding and kissing Harper. I could hope for rainy weather so I couldn't wear my swimsuit....

1 comment:

melissa said...

Or forget the suit and wear a nice, loose sundress. That'd be cool and you'd feel good about yourself. I think you'd look adorable like that. :)