We left on Saturday and went a route that was recommended by Destin/Memphis residents. It took about an hour off. Our first stop was Durbin Farms in Clanton, Al and ate a delicious lunch. We also bought some fabulous peaches. I assume that maybe they are known for peaches considering that the water tower looks like one??? My big floppy hat that soon became part of my beach ensemble was purchased there as well.
There wasn't anything better than being with the grandbaby for a whole week. I tell you seeing her in her beach attire stole my heart!
My birthday was also during our stay. Bo cooked a delicious seafood meal. Yes, I loved it! It was a Mediterranean meal with grouper (I think) and crab. A wonderful salad and bread. Cupcakes were the dessert. My children gave me these beautiful flowers. Don't ya love the vase!
Pops and Harper did this every morning. So sweet! She would sit for the longest time just patting his shorts and making all sorts of jibberish!
It was fun to play and read to her. Our favorite? Peek a Boo! So when we went shopping at the bookstore, GrandMolly bought her a board book that was about playing Peek a Boo!
Our last night we spent eating at Pompano Joe's on the beach and then playing my favorite..."Goofy" Golf. We had so much fun. Everyone got at least a hole in one. Billy said it was built for people to easily get one. What? I prefer to think it is because we are excellent golfers!
The trip was so much fun. Lots of relaxing time at the beach, wonderful cuisine cooked by Bo, time spent with Harper and family. Pretty much each night after putting the baby down, we would play a game. One game that we played was Last Word....so fun. We laughed and had a blast with that one. We also played Mexican Train . Drew slammed us every time on that one!
It was sad to leave our little granddaughter. I loved getting to really know her and her little movements. One of the funniest things that happened was one day she was beginning to tune up and cry and Billy did this in a really low voice and she would stop crying and just stare him.
Wonder what she was thinking? I am not sure how Billy came up with that idea but it worked over and over. I laughed and said she will probably end up calling him "Mr. Herman" instead of Pops! Later when we were leaving for our homes, Jon put Harper in her carseat. She was beginning to cry and Jon says "Hurry Dad! Do the Mr. Herman!" hahahah!




No comments:
Post a Comment