Friday, January 21, 2011

Snow...

Snow....again! For people like me who live in the mid south, snow is a rare thing. We had 4 inches almost 2 weeks ago, yesterday it started snowing and with the threat of ice too, the schools were let out 1 1/2 hours earlier. So the preschool was also out. It is calling for snow again on Sunday too! Wow! I need to invest in some shoes to wear in snow. When we had the 4 inch snow I told my husband that it was sad to look out at our pristine, untouched front yard. When he asked why, I told him cause it was very evident that there weren't any children that lived here that played in the snow. I miss those days of attempts of snowmen, snowangels and lingering evidence of snowballs being thrown at the window. Oh well, will have to wait till Harper is big enough to play I suppose. I do love the snow. However, it stinks when preschool is out due to inclement weather cause that means I don't get paid for that day. Major bummer! It does give me opportunity to do some things that I haven't been able to get to. So, I will get to those things....reading, watching a movie, looking at my January Southern Living before it is February. You know, major big stuff to take care of!
It has been a busy January. My older brother, who is mentally handicapped, was briefly in the hospital in December. While he was there, they gave him a 'boost' of one of his medications. So, when he came home and continued the meds on a regular basis, it caused the level to be out of whack. That, plus the fact that he has had lots of changes in the past 3 mos, and the fact that he is beginning to have signs of dementia, he was in need of some professional care. He was brought to a hospital here in Memphis to be treated. Thankfully, he has been helped and is back to his same sweet happy self. It hurt me to see him so angry and depressed. He was able to go back to Jackson yesterday. It is nice to not have to plan days around visitations. However, I do miss seeing him. It can be hard to visit him when you have the same conversations about 3-4 time in an hour. Part of you wants to jump up and down and scream "Good Grief, did you not hear me????!!!!" He can't help it. He loves me and my sister so much. He loves to remind us how much money he spent on Barbies for us. He tells us it was millions of dollars...He asks us "who spoiled you rotten" "who took you trick or treating" The latter is somewhat a nightmare to remember cause he would take us for blocks and blocks, every.single. house. and we would BEG to go home. Not sure where his road in life is taking him. It is hard. However, I will be there to make sure I can do all I can for him. After all he spent "millions" on me......

1 comment:

melissa said...

Sweet to see a photo of your brother, who I remember seeing YEARS and years ago. :) Nice for him to be in your home for a spell.

But so glad you have his situation settled more. I know it's been hard for you and Sally.

Hope the weekend is refreshing for you.