Monday, July 19, 2010

I am telling you, some days it just doesn't pay to leave the house! Today was the day to go to paint faces for the children of St. Jude. It was sponsored by Cleo Wrap as they were wanting the children to draw pictures that will be used on Christmas wrapping paper. So...I was dressed as an elf and I recruited my dear sweet friend Missy to be Mrs. Claus. Never mind the fact that it is 100+ heat index and we were dressed in north pole appropriate attire! We were busy and left St. Jude happy and content.

On the way home, I was stopped at a red light. I noticed this older man behind me being extremely close. He then decided to get in the left lane and proceeded to hit my car! However, he decides he will just continue on his merry little way. No Way! So I take off after him honking my horn. I follow him to his home. (yeah, yeah I know! that could have been a mistake!) He was acting a bit strange, not totally with it ya know? He said he didn't know he hit me and no didn't hear me honking my horn at him! He was cooperative and acknowledged that my car would need fixing and gave me his insurance info. I told him I would have to call the police for a report and he agreed. So imagine when the police drive up and I have to get out of the car dressed as a Christmas elf and my passenger being Mrs. Claus!! Where are the cameras? As it turned out it seems that maybe Mr. Hit and Run may have been suffering from a mini stroke. I sincerely hope not! I sort of felt like the 'bad' man for calling the police. However, my sweet friend said maybe I helped the family by realizing he didn't need to be driving.

Then....after all that.....my dear friend says stop at the Walgreens down the street and I will buy you a Diet Coke. So, one to never turn down a Diet Coke, I do! We then encounter a woman with two children not asking for money but for several items on her shopping list.... I agree to buy a few items for under $6.00. I just needed to get home after all that. I am afraid my friend may never want to go anywhere with me again!

No comments: