Thursday, January 7, 2010

Today we got our first snowfall. Well, if you call 1/2" a snowfall. All I know is I woke up to hear that schools were closed and dozed off to sleep again.
Even though we didn't get hardly any snow to play in, I got quite a chuckle
out of watching the neighborhood children play. Just because they didn't get to use their sleds didn't keep them from using skateboards to roll down driveways in the bitter cold. It is C.O.L.D. cold!!! Tomorrow it is only going to get up to 21 and a low of 8! Y'all we Southerners are not at all comfortable in that temperature!

I will say there is something cozy about the cold. Nothing like enjoying a fire in the fireplace, a creamy nutmeg scented candle burning, a cup of hot tea while it is so bitter outside. We enjoyed a yummy 'comfort' food dinner: BBQ brisket, mac and cheese and steamed broccoli. However, I would like a little more snow! Maybe next time!

1 comment:

melissa said...

Is the back better today? Hope so, and hope this weekend can be slow and easy for you. I already told the kids that we'd not be doing church, this weekend. REST, and lots of it! :)