Monday, December 28, 2009

Well Christmas day is officially over and the holiday craziness is winding down for us. New Years eve has never been a super big deal with us. We go over to our good friend's house around 8 or so and eat and ring in the new year. I have never like New Years eve. It seems so anti climactic after all the hoopla that Christmas brings. Quite frankly, I am so pooped out from eating all the rich food and being busy I would just like to go to bed early and forget it! New Years day finds me taking down the decorations from Christmas and usually making Hopping John. Got to eat your black eyed peas for good luck y'all! However, I do love getting everything back to 'normal'. My house has been constantly decorated since October. It will feel like I have bought new things when I get all the regular old things out again.

Last Tuesday I planted tulip bulbs while we had a warm day. I must have twisted wrong and have been down in my back since. I can't really bend over without holding on to something and feeling like I am going to topple over. (Not a pretty sight...huh?) I feel sooo old and decrepit!! My son in law (who used to play pro ball) told me to ice it 3 times a day for 20 min. Well...sounds easy enough. But seriously, being a Mom and having to get cooking and cleaning done, it has been next to impossible to do. Today I made it happen. Hopefully I will feel improvement or it will be to the doctor for me I guess. I can't imagine going back to preschool next week where every table and chair is knee level. However irritating it is I am reminded of how fortunate I am to be in good health.

1 comment:

melissa said...

I think you need a good visit with me, don't you?!??

Seriously, you take care. Having pain and being busy just doesn't work, does it?

Hugs girlfriend.