Saturday, June 20, 2009

ugh! Happy Birthday...Me!

Yep, last week was my birthday. I turned 50. I am shocked, still. What in world happened? It seems like yesterday I was in my 20's with toddlers all around. I don't feel like I'm 50. Well, let me take that back. I don't mentally feel...well ......in my heart it seems that I am still a girl! Oh the physical sides are there. The aching bones and muscles and the gray hairs that are getting to be more numerous than before. I couldn't do a cartwheel to save my life. I tried that about 8 years ago and thought I was going to throw up from being so dizzy! My father in law gives $50.00 (um how appropriate) for birthdays. Before I would have bought some cute little thing to wear or bought something cute for my house. But not this year, no! I bought a $44.00 super deluxe memory foam pillow in hopes that my back won't ache as bad. Cool..huh?

Thank heavens the practical jokes were absent. I celebrated all week. My sister and her husband came in town on Sunday evening and we grilled out and ate outside before all the stupid, insane, sweltering heat (oops! I got a bit side tracked there). She gave me a Southern Belle t-shirt with the saying "pretty is, as pretty does" because my Momma always said that! She also brought me some yellow box flip flops (my true weakness..flip flops!) and a hummingbird feeder cuz she knows about me and my birds! My wonderful friends showered me with gifts and by taking me out to eat....Denise, Vivian, and Diana took me to the Beauty Shop to eat dinner. Carol Phillips took me to lunch and Wendi and Kendra took me to lunch as well. I was showered by love the whole week by friends and family. Yeah, thanks Vivian for the illuminating magnifying glass...actually it is handy...And a really big thanks Carol P. For the coffee mug that has 50 on it and says "How Old I Art" ....and great daily reminder with that first cup of a.m. coffee! Then on the actual day of my birthday that storm blew in and knocked down trees and our power. THAT was NOT fun, no way, no how!

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Happy Birthday Molly!! Young at heart is all that matters!!!

Southern Mama said...

Happy Birthday Miss Molly! I don't believe it at all. You can't be over 34! I swear you're younger than me! Miss you!