I have issues with my birds. Those who don't know, should read my earlier posts. However, I love to feed them. When we first moved to our home in Cordova, it was a brand new subdivision and not any trees and big noisy machinery everywhere. I missed east Memphis with the big trees, birds and squirrels. So I bought birdseed at Wild Birds Unlimited in Cordova. It was expensive but I thought it was worth it to lure the creatures back. It worked! However the birds became snobs or connoisseurs of bird seed. I would try less expensive, okay cheap, brands and my winged friends would throw out the seed on the grass and cheep at me when I went outside. ( I know you are now thinking that I am definitely certifiable). So, I continued to buy the expensive seed. That is until the store closed.
That's it! I am not driving to East Memphis to that store for seed. So I picked up some less expensive (cheap) seed at Walmart. Times are tough birdies! Everyone is tigtening their belts and you will have to too! They LOVED it. I now had more birds than ever! Wow! So, I sent a little email expressing my pleasure of finding seed my birdies liked at a reasonable (cheap) price. I do that. I believe even companies need a pat on the back for good quality of services. Well, that email was forward 3 times and ended up on the CEO's desk. He emailed me and thanked me for the kind email and as appreciation was sending me a care package. I was flabbergasted! The next week, I received all of that bird seed in the picture. 55 pounds my friends! That is some care package!
So, it pays to be nice. BUT I REFUSE to thank people for the outcome of me receiving free product. That would not be nice!


1 comment:
oh, ms. molly! i don't know where to start! first, i don't know how you could encourage birds to visit and cohabitate! yuck! especially fickle birds at that! but, secondly, i must agree that you should give credit where credit is due! i think that is part of what is wrong with society. it only takes a minute to sit down and spread your joy to someone else and let them know you enjoy their product or their service. and, thank you for sharing with us. if i liked birds at all, i might go pick up a bag of this seed and perpetuate the good will! well, at least i can share the name of the product!
Post a Comment